Animal disorders and diseases are just as varied and complex as those that affect humans. Our team is able to handle complex cases and use diagnostic technology in order to evaluate and then treat your pet.
Our Areas of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology: The study of the mouth, esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder and pancreas. Typical conditions include inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), food allergies, hiatal hernias, polyps, foreign bodies, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or cancers.
- Respiratory Medicine: The study of the upper and the lower respiratory tract. Diseases include nasopharyngeal polyps and cancers, chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngeal stenosis, laryngeal paralysis, collapsing trachea, tracheal hypoplasia, fungal infections of the nasal passages and lungs, feline asthma, chronic bronchitis, and infectious pneumonias.
- Endocrinology: The study of multiple glands of the body such as the parathyroid, thyroid, adrenal, pancreas, pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Common endocrine diseases include diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, adrenal tumors, hyper and hypoparathyroidism, hyper and hypothyroidism, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, as well as excessive drinking and urinating.
- Nephrology/Urology: The study of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, and urethra. Conditions that are diagnosed and treated include acute and chronic kidney failure, kidney and bladder stones, prostatitis and prostate cysts, bladder polyps, kidney infections, congenital kidney diseases, urinary incontinence and urethral/bladder/prostate cancer.
- Hematology: Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the blood. Diseases can include hemophilia and congenital/hereditary diseases, bleeding disorders, hemolytic anemias, infectious and destructive platelet disorders, and bone marrow disorders.
- Infectious Diseases: Treatment of infectious agents. Infectious diseases can include: Leptospirosis, Influenza, Herpes, Lyme, Babesiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, Ehrlichiosis, and rickettsial agents, among others.